The last thing I wasn’t to do during this freezing cold and snowy basketball season is turn the car around because one of my kids has forgotten something for basketball! It never fails…you ask if they have x and y. They say yes. But you didn’t ask about “z.” Of course you didn’t, because that’s what they forgot!
Our little secret for being prepared without having to remember every little thing that you need is…a sports survival bag. The best “practice” for any sports season is to set up a bag that has everything you will or might need for the season. It should be a bag that you can just grab and go without having to pack every time.
Basketball Survival Bag Essentials
This list is comprised of suggestions from many of readers:
- BASKETBALL SHOES (don’t put those shoes on at home…they need to stay clean for the court! Instead wear slides to the gym and change into the basketball shoes)
- court grip (my kids LOVE this…so they don’t slide around on the court)
- instant cold pack
- extra mouth guards
- first aid kit/ibuprofen
- wet wipes
- extra ball
- empty water bottle (in case you forget to pack water…you can always find a hose or bathroom)
- Gatorade single packets to add to water
- peroxide spray (will get blood out of uniforms if an accident happens)
- stadium seats
- Basketball Coaching Board
- piece of wood and ace bandage (in case of injury)
- clipboard with all the parents’ phone numbers
- sticky notes
Remember the Perishable Items
- SNACKS (we have some great suggestions for how to pack them HERE and what to pack HERE)
- WATER, WATER and more WATER
To help you remember the things that can’t always stay in the bag, use this FREE printable and attach it to the bag. We suggest covering it clear packing tape or laminating it so it doesn’t tear.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Basketball Bag Tag
Did we leave anything out? Let us know!!