This delicious fruit and nut bar packs a powerful boost for energy and stamina. It’s chock full of dried fruit and nuts to give it the sweetness that kids crave and the protein they need.
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
The Quick & Easy Fruit & Nut Bar That Packs a Nutritional Punch!
Author: Sports Mom Survival Guide
Recipe type: Snacks
- 1 ½ cups raw walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup whole-grain flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried figs, quartered
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Turn the oven on to 325°.
- Line an 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment paper (be sure the paper goes up the sides of the pan).
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and half of each dried fruit in a food processor until thoroughly mixed.
- Move mixture to a new bowl. Add the walnuts and the remaining dried fruit. Mix with hands.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Spread mixture evenly into the pan. Press down in all corners. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes. The mixture should be golden brown.
- Lift the baked mixture from the pan by grasping the edges of the parchment paper and place on a wire rack to cool. Be sure to cool thoroughly; bars will crumble if cut when warm. Cut into 12 equal sections with a sharp knife when completely cool. Store in a container with an air-tight seal for no more than 10 days
Calories: 207 Fat: 10.25 grams Carbohydrates: 27 grams Protein: 4 grams