It’s crockpot season! This slow cooker corn chowder is absolutely delicious and the beauty of this recipe is just how easily it comes together. It takes a few minutes of prep but other than that, it’s a dump and go recipe.
TIP: If you are super busy in the morning, I would suggest chopping the onion and potato the night before. I like to use the chopper you see below to dice everything and it also has cup measurements on the side. If you decide to prep the night before, you can just close the lid and store it in the fridge until the next day.
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 6 pieces of bacon, diced + extra for garnishing (crumbled)
- 2 packages (approx. 10 oz.) frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) cream-style corn
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup half-n-half creamer
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter
- In a skillet, add diced bacon, onion
andpotatoes. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in crock-pot and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.