Mac-n-cheese is a staple in our house! I mean, who doesn’t love a good bowl of macaroni and cheese?? It’s great as a side dish but we often make it a meal. This slow cooker version is easy and makes a ton. We have it leftover but it’s also great when you are feeding a crowd.
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
To take this dish over the top, add other toppings like bacon bits, chives, ground meat, peas… There are so many options. This recipe makes a full crockpot, so it’s perfect for a crowd. You could set up a Mac-n-Cheese Bar at your next party with this recipe!
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- 1 cup of milk
- ¼ cup of butter (cubed)
- 3 cups of macaroni
- 1 small package of Velveeta Cheese (1 pound) cubed
- Mix the milk, butter, and cheese in the crockpot on high for about an hour. (Stir often)
- Then cook the macaroni until al dente (almost cooked) and add into the cheese mixture.
- Turn the crockpot to low.
- Stir occasionally and add more milk if needed.