Drills to Improve Soccer Passing Skills
A good passing game is vital to being successful in soccer as it enables you to dictate the play by keeping possession, saves energy and as a result presents you with a better chance of scoring. Passing is about using good technique to quickly, accurately, and properly deliver the soccer ball and making the right decision at the right time.
In this section you will find a series of progressive soccer drills that give you some great advice on how to coach these skills to your players.
Top-Soccer-Drills.com also provides you with a number of effective conditioned passing drills that improve the skill of passing for the individual and team. A lot more soccer passing drills will be added to this segment so check back often.
Key Coaching Points for Passing:
We’ve polled coaches and here are the key coaching points they recommend when it comes to passing:
- select proper weight and timing of pass
- look at target before making the pass (communication)
- eyes on the ball at the moment of contact
- good first touch to control and prepare ball
- keep your toes up and the ankle locked of your kicking foot
- use the proper surface of the foot to strike the ball
follow through toward target
- accuracy over power
- body position and balance (slightly bent knee and body over the ball for low passes and lean back for aerial passes)
- always practice with both feet