If you are anything like me (a.k.a. the older you get, the more forgetful you get) preparation is key to surviving sports mom life!
Earlier this fall we shared our tips for keeping a bag in your car (in this post for football) for the particular sport your child is in…so you’re prepared with all the essentials. Now we’d love to share a list of Soccer Survival Bag Essentials.
Soccer Survival Bag Essentials
This list is comprised of suggestions from many of our readers:
- instant cold pack
- bug spray
- extra mouth guards
- first aid kit (make sure it included band-aids)
- wet wipes
- Ibuprofen and tylenol
- plastic bag (for wet cleats/uniform)
For hot weather
- neck cooler (like a Frog Tog)
For colder weather
- Lava Buns
- instant hand warmers
- gloves & hats
- headband to keep ears warm
- long sleeve sport shirts to fit under jerseys on chilly mornings/evenings or damp days
- EXTRAS: soccer ball, shin guards, socks
- pickle juice & mustard packets (these help alleviate leg cramps!)
- empty water bottle (in case you forget to pack water…you can always find a hose or bathroom)
- piece of wood and ace bandage (in case of injury)
- clipboard with all the parents’ phone numbers
- sticky notes
Things To Keep in Your Trunk
- foldable chairs
- shade cover/canpoy
- collapsable wagaon
Remember the Perishable Items
- SNACKS (we have some great suggestions for how to pack them HERE and what to pack HERE)
- WATER, WATER, and more WATER (or if you prefer Gatorade or *ReHydrate) *we prefer ReHydrate over Gatorade because it is sugar free and contains 21 vitamins and minerals).
To help you remember the things that can’t always stay in the bag, use this FREE printable and attach it to the bag. We suggest covering it clear packing tape or laminating it so it doesn’t tear.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Soccer Bag Tag
Are we missing anything? Let us know!!
*This post contains affiliate links