Vertical Pass Plus Finish # 1
Advanced beginner soccer finishing drills designed for players that have perfected the technique of finishing/shooting as well as scoring with many parts of their body. Most of these training sessions can easily add pressure and additional advanced finishing abilities.
Standard Main Coaching Points:
- Make certain to keep head and body above the ball at the time of contact.
- Maintain awareness on the ball and arms out to have stability (Specifically the other arm to the foot striking the ball).
- Standing foot ought to be placed next to the ball directed to the spot that you wish to shoot.
- Strike through the center of the ball.
Print/Download This Drill
- each player with a ball
- 1x goal with goalie
- supply of cones
- good supply of balls for continuous play
- players pass to the player in the middle who relays the ball through the middle cone goal
- player who made the first pass then makes a run through one of outer cone goals to the receive the ball and finish on goal
- specify how players must shoot (left or right foot, inside or laces, high or low etc.)
- the receiver in the middle decides in which direction to lay off the ball
- players must finish by dribbling around the goalkeeper
- adjust spacing depending on the age and ability of the group
- body mechanics and control of body
- body position and balance
- eye on ball
- quality of preparation touch
- contact surface
- aggressive and positive mentality
- placement versus power
- accurate passing