Warm Up # 12
Soccer passing warm up drills are an essential component of any soccer players abilities and needs to be practiced at the outset of every players soccer experience. Passing a soccer ball could very well be the most fundamental element of soccer and by exercising at the beginning of one’s life, a player may develop the ability of not merely passing the soccer ball with precision and pace but also generate critical passes to set their own teammate up having goal scoring chances.
Take advantage of this basic warm up exercise for a few minutes to offer your players 100s of passes and many combination opportunities in an exceedingly targeted practice. This passing drill allows your players to pass and move amidst plenty of interference. It offers all of the skill aspects you should get kids prepared for a session on the practice field.
Print/Download This Drill
- 2 teams
- each team with two balls
- grid (25yds x 35yds)
- cones to mark off area
- each team passes one ball and throws another to each other as shown
- teams pass a third ball by volleying / heading / drop kicking
- players pass only to players from the other team
- adjust spacing depending on the age and ability of the group if necessary
- angle, distance and timing of support
- decision making
- verbal and visual communication
- weight of pass