If you’ve ever been at a game or practice and forgot something important, then you are probably the worst the parent ever….JUST KIDDING!! (You might feel like it at that moment.) I have forgotten my daughter’s recital outfit on the day of dress rehearsal once…not my finest moment!! We all leave the house in a hurry and 9 times out of 10 times forget something. Most of the time it is a non-essential item but every now and then it’s something like SHOES or a recital costume!! 😉
Our little secret for being prepared without having to remember every little thing that you need is…a sports survival bag. The best “practice” for any sports season is to set up a bag that has everything you will or might need for the season. It should be a bag that you can just grab and go without having to pack every time. AND since football season is upon us, we thought it would be a great place to start.
Football Survival Bag Essentials
This list is comprised of suggestions from many of readers:
- instant cold pack
- bug spray
- extra mouth guards
- first aid kit
- duct tape (for fixing should pads, cleats…)
- wet wipes
- trash bags (for wet clothes/shoes or to make an impromptu rain poncho)
For colder weather
- extra ball
- empty water bottle (in case you forget to pack water…you can always find a hose or bathroom)
- Gatorade single packets to add to water
- screwdriver (to remove face mask if an injury occurs)
- piece of wood and ace bandage (in case of injury)
- clipboard with all the parents’ phone numbers
- sticky notes
Things To Keep in Your Trunk
- foldable chairs
- collapsable wagaon
Remember the Perishable Items
- SNACKS (we have some great suggestions for how to pack them HERE and what to pack HERE)
- WATER, WATER, and more WATER
Keep your Player Covered
- Equipment…did he forget or lose something? It might be time to buy new.
To help you remember the things that can’t always stay in the bag, use this FREE printable and attach it to the bag. I suggest covering it clear packing tape or laminating it so it doesn’t tear.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Football Bag Tag
Did we leave anything out? Let us know!!