Here are the best fun soccer drills for coaching soccer teams. Some will be more appropriate for younger ages but the majority can be used for all ages.
Print/Download This Drill
- 2 teams
- cones to mark off area
- each team defends one goal
- each player carries his/her partner piggyback style
- partners switch roles every 1-2 min.
- no goalkeepers
- players all move ‘crab-style’
- players are paired up and one leg is tied to the other player
- players pair up as for a wheelbarrow race (‘wheelbarrow’ player handles the ball with their hands)
- every time a team scores a goal, they are allowed to make a new rule (e.g. all players need to hop on
- one foot when they are kicking the ball)
- adjust spacing depending on the age and ability of the group
- decision making