Supporting Play # 1
Print/Download This Drill
- 1 ball
- cones to mark off area
- 4 mini goals
- 3 reds vs 2 blacks in one half and 1 v 1 in other half.
- Additional black starts on the sideline of the 1 v 1 half.
- Reds start with possession of the ball. Reds score by achieving pre determined number of
- consecutive passes before looking to transfer ball into other end.
- 2 reds follow pass/run with ball and one blue moves into other half to recreate 3 v 2 situation.
- Practice continues as previously.
- define time limit to counter attacks
- reds achieve two sets of consecutive passes then transfer to other half.
- remove player from sideline and play 3 v 2 in one half and 2 v 1 in other.
- include all to make 4 v 4 game
- Control, passing and support play skills needed to keep possession
- Using space to exploit advantage of overload
- Timing of forward runs and passes
- Ds looking to spoil and intercept, being mindful of counter attacking with security