Easy meals = awesome.
Easy on-the-go meals = even better.
Easy on-the-go MESSY meals = disaster!
Such a simple solution for you. If your family love sloppy joe’s , but needs an on-the-go solution, try out these Sloppy Joe Hand Pies.
You can simply make your favorite Sloppy Joe recipe, or use mine below.
Even the non-cook can make these Sloppy Joe Hand Pies.Simply brown your hamburger, onion and green pepper (you’ll notice the lack of green pepper in my photo…we have a few green pepper-haters in our house, so I left it out!).
Add in all the other ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, roll out (or flatten with your hand) the biscuit dough. I think the Pilsbury Grands work best as the biscuits are much bigger! Place a scoop of sloppy joe meat in the middle of the biscuit, fold in half and seal the edges. I use a fork. It seems easiest and the seal stays in place.
Sloppy Joe Hand Pies
- 3 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup barbque sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 can tomato soup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cans of biscuits (depending on many you want to make
- Brown hamburger, onion and green pepper. Drain fat.
- Add all other ingredients, simmer for 30 min.
- Roll or flatten biscuits into a larger circle.
- Place a spoonful of sloppy joe meat in the middle.
- Fold biscuit in half and seal edges with a fork.
- Bake at 400 for 12-13 minutes