Summer is quickly approaching which means it is almost time to send your kids off to summer camp. Have you signed your kids up for any fun activities this year? If your kiddos love playing sports then have you considered sending them to a camp designed specifically to fine tune their skills?
If you haven’t already signed them up for one, then NOW is the time! Most summer sport camps fill up fast and sign-ups generally start after the first of the year. (I learned my lesson a few years ago! 😉 ) No worries, there is still time to find the right camp for your child if you know where to look.
Here are some suggestions to get the ball rolling:
- Local Community: Most cities and towns have a website or at least an office you can call. Find out what is offered locally. These tend to be your least expensive options.
- Y.M.C.A.: Most local Y.M.C.A’s offer summer camps. Find your local Y website or call them directly to get all your options.
- USSC: This site is wonderful for finding nationwide sports camps for just about any sport imaginable. It is the official operator of Nike Sports Camps.
- Professional Sports Teams: A lot of pro sports teams offer summer camps and clinics. For NFL camps, check out this site HERE. We also put together a chart for all the MLB summer academies that you can find HERE.
- Local High School: Check in with the Athletic Office at your local high school to see if they offer any camps. Many high schools have camps organized and led by high school coaches and their players at very affordable prices.
- Local Colleges: Do you have a college campus within driving distance to your house? To raise money for their organization, colleges will sometimes offer summer camps lead by athletes and coaches at the school. This is a great way to expose your child to a collegiate environment and give them a fun summer experience. Some schools even offer dorm housing! 🙂
Here are few more resources to help with your search process. All of these sites offer locations nationally.
Is there a resource that we left off and you think could benefit someone? We would love to add your suggestions to our list! Just leave us your thoughts in the comment section.