Football season is HERE!!! It’s a great time of year and even if you aren’t a football fan, I’m sure you can appreciate the season for other reasons. Some of the things I love the most are crisp, cool weather, warm comfort food (like chili) on Sunday afternoons, and hanging out with friends to catch the game. I still have fond memories of setting up in the parking at Texas A&M before the game during my college years. If you have kids who play for a high school/college team or you are fortunate enough to have season tickets to the NFL, then you might be a tailgating pro? For the rest of us who only tailgate on occasion here are a few tips:
1. Bring lots of snack food, like pretzels and handheld foods!! If you are planning on tailgating for an extended period of time before or after the game, you WANT to have easy snacks.
2. Grilling Tip: If you don’t have a small grill to take with you to the parking lot, grill ahead of time at home!! As soon as the meat comes off the grill, wrap it in foil and put it in a cooler with warm bricks. I know this sounds a little crazy but it works! Find all the details about how to turn a cooler into a warming oven, HERE.
3. Don’t forget the sweets!
4. Disposable items are GREAT. Try to make all the serving things disposable. It will make for quick cleanup, which equals less work for you.
5. Containers and baskets. When you are traveling with food, it’s easier if you can have everything set up (in your kitchen) BEFORE you get to your destination. That way you just take it out and it’s ready!
6. Blankets: It’s great to have a few blankets with you to set all the food on or to use to sit on outside. If the weather is chili they come in handy to keep you warm. 😉
7. GAMES: Remembering the food is IMPORTANT but don’t forget the games. Outdoor games will help you pass the time until the big GAME starts.
8. HAVE FUN!!
Do you have an tailgating tips to share?? We love when you comment! 🙂