Our summer has involved a whole lot of rain. This means not a ton of outside time, few trips to the pool and trying to stay busy inside.
Getting your kids busy in the kitchen is an awesome way for them to not only learn their way around the kitchen but to begin to feel independent as well. The next time your kids are “bored” let them try making these super easy kid-approved Chocolate Covered Pretzels.
Take a peek at this little video my 12 year-old put together on how to make Chocolate Covered Pretzels.
My boys enjoy getting creative with the “toppings” they add to the pretzels once they are dipped in chocolate. A few suggestions include colored sugar, sprinkles, nuts, chopped candy bar, etc.
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- pretzels: rods or Snyder's Old Tyme Pretzels
- Vanilla or Chocolate Candy Coating
- Toppings: colored sugar, sprinkles, nuts, chopped candy bar, etc.
- Melt 4 squares of the candy coating in the microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power, stir. Repeat in the microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Dip the pretzels in the chocolate and shake off excess.
- Sprinkle with preferred topping.
- Set on wax paper to harden.