Target Players # 12
How many times have you watched a youth soccer game where you feel like you’ re watching a tennis match, with neither team keeping possession? Youth soccer players need to develop both confidence and skill to maintain possession. Use our drills to improve your team’s ability to keep the ball in their own rows.
Print/Download This Drill
- 2 teams
- grid (20yds x 40yds)
- 2 target zones 3-4 yards deep
- cones to mark off area
- teams play 4v4, 5v5 or 6v6 etc.
- teams score by getting the ball from one target player and play it to the other without losing
- possession to the defending team
- teams score if one or both target players can control a lofted pass
- adjust spacing depending on the age and ability of the group
- create supporting angles
- weight of pass
- first touch