Wall Passes # 1
Common characteristics of the Under 8 player.
- Love playing in twos
- Are able to consider another’s viewpoint.
- Still not able to think abstractly – have patience.
- Cooling system still less powerful compared to grown ups – still ensure that you offer numerous water breaks.
- Still favor playing to watching – keep everybody busy throughout the training session.
- Modest attention span
Here is an activity developed especially for the U8-U16 players
Print/Download This Drill
- groups of 5-8
- each group with a ball
- cones to mark off area
- repeat setup to accommodate the entire team
- first player with a ball decides with which player (left or right) to play a 1-2 pass
- after receiving the ball back he lays it off to next player as shown
- specify how players must pass/ receive (left or right foot, inside or outside foot etc.)
- adjust spacing depending on the age and ability of the group
- weight of pass
- first touch
- eye contact