Here we are in the midst of winter and we sports moms are in need of super quick, hearty, filling and most importantly EASY recipes!
I am not sure about your family, but we eat a lot of soup in our house during the winter.
Our evening are filled with basketball and winter baseball workouts. This means if I can, I try to get dinner (or in this case the soup) made earlier in the day, or even the evening before. If I can avoid making dinner when things are crazy after school I do! I especially love crockpot/slow cooker soup recipes because I can throw them together first thing and the morning and then forget about it until dinner time! It doesn’t get easier than that!
This Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is what I call a “dump” recipe: little to no chopping, place everything in a pan, cook and you are done.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 can tomato soup
1 can cr. of chicken soup
1 soup can of milk
1-14 1/2 oz chicken broth
1-14 1/2 oz tomatoes with chilies
1/2 c. chopped onion
2# shredded cooked chicken
8 oz. whole kernel corn with juice
1 t. chili powder
1/8 t. pepper
6 oz. salsa
I mix it all in a crockpot and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
You can top with cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can cr. of chicken soup
- 1 soup can of milk
- 1-14½ oz chicken broth
- 1-14½ oz tomatoes with chilies
- ½ c. chopped onion
- 2# shredded cooked chicken
- 8 oz. whole kernel corn with juice
- 1 t. chili powder
- ⅛ t. pepper
- 6 oz. salsa
- Cook the chicken in the crockpot with ½ cup of water on medium for 3-4 hours. Then shred the chicken with a fork.
- Mix all other ingredients in the crockpot with the shredded chicken.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours.
- Top with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.