During these long, cold winter days I tend to gravitate towards making comfort food! Something warm and yummy to fill our tummies.
I also do all that I can to make meals easy in these winter months. That means the crockpot is in use 2-3 nights a week.
This Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken & Noodles recipe is a sure fire hit. Everyone in our family loves it and I love how much this recipe makes because I can typically count on some leftovers as well!
If your family is not a big “noodle” eating family, you can try a variation- server the chicken over rice or potatoes.
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken & Noodles
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons dry Italian salad dressing
- 1 can condensed chicken soup
- 8 oz. cream cheese (cut into 1 in. cubes)
- 1Tablespoon minced onion (optional)
- Rice, pasta or potatoes
- Brush chicken with butter and spring with salt and pepper.
- Place in a crockpot and sprinkle dry Italian dressing over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- About 45 min. before done, place soup, cream cheese and onion on top of chicken. Cover and cook another 45 minutes.
- Take a fork and shred the chicken in the crockpot and mix thoroughly with cream sauce mixture.
- Server over rice, pasta or potatoes.