This Qdoba Burrito Copycat Recipe is one of our favorite go-to meals if we need something quick, delicious and hearty! My kids love, love, LOVE Qdoba…actually we all do, but honestly for all five of us to eat there it’s easily $50 without us ordering drinks! It’s just not an affordable option.
Our alternative is this super yummy recipe that I have been making for years! I can change up the variety by using either chicken or flank steak. I typically grab both of these from Sam’s Club (you can read about how I get discounted meat at Sam’s Club here) and have them on hand in the freezer.
After chopping everything up, just toss it in a cake pan, and 20 minutes later, you are ready to eat! Feel free to adapt to what your family likes…my husband is not a big pepper fan, so we leave them out!
While the meat is in the oven, I throw some rice on the stove to cook. My boys really need these carbs at this stage of life because of all the calories they burn in sports.
- 1 lb boneless chicken or flank steak, cut into strips
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut in into strips
- 2 T. canola oil
- 2 t. chili powder
- 2 t. ground cumin
- ¼ t. salt
- flour tortillas
- White or brown rice
- Misc. fillers as desired: Shredded Mexican Cheese, black beans, queso, lettuce, guacamole
- Combine all ingredients (except tortillas
,rice andcheese) into 19x3baking dish. Toss to coat meat.
- Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- While meat is baking cook 1½ c. rice according to directions on the package.
- Spoon meat mixture, rice
andcheese onto warmed tortillas. Fold and roll tortillas to enclose ingredients.