This refreshing salad is such a hit! The sweet strawberries, creamy center, and salty crust is the perfect mixture of sweet and salty! Our children are always wanting to cut into it before it is completely set. You could give our oldest son a fork and I am pretty certain he could polish away the whole thing! I love that kind of sweet treats!
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- 1½ cups crushed pretzels
- 4½ tablespoons white sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 (8 ounces) packages cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounces) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounces) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounces) package frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix together the pretzels, 4½ tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water. Mix in frozen strawberries, and stir until thawed. Pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.