Updated October 2017 – Maybe they need a quick pick-me-up right after school or something to nibble on in the car on the way to practice! Whatever the case, we all want healthy options for our kids to enjoy. And there are few children that will pass up any one of these crunchy, salty and sweet recipes.
Easy to find the ingredients for and even easier to prep, all you have to do with these mixtures is combine, pour and go. Leave a bowl out for homework at the kitchen island or create zip-locks filled with the treat so they’re easy to grab on the way out the door.
Combining all of your favorite movie night or pantry treats with some freshly popped corn, this will definitely be a hit among the family. You can add extra healthy ingredients too if you’d like, nuts, dried fruit and the like can easily replace the M&M candies or cookie options.
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- 4 cups popped popcorn (stovetop or a
3 ouncemicrowave bag)
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1 cup fish-shaped cheese crackers (such as Goldfish)
- 1 cup animal crackers
- 1 cup honey flavored toasted oat cereal
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- ¾ cup peanut M&M’s
- Pop the popcorn – Once cooled add to the rest of the treats – Mix – Enjoy!
Perfect for fall but delicious year round, enjoy the beautiful combination of apples and cheddar within this kid-friendly snack mix! All of the ingredients you can feel good about putting into your little one’s body and it’ll provide the perfect pick-me-up. *Tip: If your kiddos are not fans of walnuts, just add peanuts instead!
- 2 c. Cheddar Goldfish Crackers
- 1 c. dried apples
- ½ c.dried cranberries
- ½ c. shelled walnuts
- Add ingredients into a bowl – Mix – Serve!
If you want to stay away from nuts, then you’ll definitely want to check out this toddler-friendly recipe. But it’s not just for toddler or for those that can’t indulge in some nuts, it’s healthy and delicious for all taste buds. You can even sweeten things up with this one by adding some buttery, cinnamon sugar coating at the end.
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Cheerios
- ¾ cup pepitas
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate covered sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, optional
- There are two ways to go about mixing up this treat-filled surprise.
- Mix up all the dry ingredients and go.
- Dump cereal & pumpkin seed in microwave-safe bowl – Pour in butter & stir – Sprinkle cinnamon – Microwave for 90 second – Stir – Microwave for another 90 seconds – Spread on baking sheet & cool – Add blueberries and sunflower seeds once cooled – Pour into bags – Eat!