This is our family’s traditional and go-to stuffing! Our whole family just loves it and it is the stuffing I had growing up as a child. Feel free to add ingredients based on what your family enjoys. No matter how much I make, there are always very few leftovers
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- 1 (1 pound) load slice white bread
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Let bread slices air dry for 1 to 2 hours, then cut them into cubes.
- In a pan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion and celery until soft. Add the chicken broth, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper to the softened onions and celery. Mix well.
- Stir in bread cubes until evenly coated.
- Bake in a buttered casserole dish at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. (or chill and use to stuff your turkey)