I am a big fan of Asian cuisine. Any chance I get to make my favorite dishes like Broccoli & Beef at home, I will. Especially easy slow cooker recipes like this one. Serve it over some rice or even Lo Mein noodles and you will wonder why you ever order takeout!
- 1-2 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup beef broth
- ⅔ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons
cornstarchand 4 tablespoons cold water
- The first step is to freeze your flank steak for about 30 minutes before you slice it. This will help you cut the steak easily but also evenly.
- Now prep all of your other ingredients. Wash and cut your broccoli, mince your garlic and measure out all other ingredients. Set aside.
- Lightly coat the inside of a slow cooker with oil and turn it on high. Grab your steak and slice it thin.
- Add steak, beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes all to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- At about 2.5 hours, in a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water until dissolved. Add that to the slow cooker and stir. Add your broccoli florets and cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve over some rice or noodles and enjoy.