I’m always looking for yummy, quick and EASY treats to hand out to friends and neighbors this time of year. I grew up in Texas and my grandmother makes pecan pralines every year for Christmas, but I can’t seem to ever make them just right…so this recipe is a great substitute! This recipe for praline candied pecans is so easy and ADDICTIVE. It’s great for gifting.
Slow Cooker Candied Pecans
In a large bowl, beat an egg white until frothy, then mix in the pecans. Stir in the sugar and the brown sugar, then add in the melted butter, corn syrup, and vanilla.
Be sure to either spray your slow cooker with a no-stick spray or cover it with foil. I line my crock-pot with foil and spray it.
Add the pecan mixture to the slow cooker and cook for about 3 hours. You will need to stir the pecans about every 30 minutes to make sure they are cooking evenly.
Remove the pecans from the crock-pot and let dry on parchment or wax paper. Be sure to separate the pecans as they dry.
These are so good and it’s hard to just have one. You might want to package them up quickly so you don’t eat them all yourself!
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- 4 cups pecans
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat an egg white until frothy.
- Mix the pecans in with the egg white and stir in the sugar and the brown sugar.
- Add in the melted butter, corn syrup, and vanilla.
- Spray the crock-pot with a cooking spray or line with foil, then add the pecan mixture.
- Cook for 3 hours on low, stirring the pecans every half hour.
- Remove the pecans from the crock-pot and let dry on parchment or wax paper, separating them as they dry.