We love this tasty treat! It is light, sweet and fruity! This recipes makes quite a big bowl and it does keep for a few days. It is one of those recipes that you can find at every potluck because everyone really likes it! I try to make it often in the summertime because it is a cool dessert that I can make ahead. My aunt used to put different flavors of gelatin in this also to give it a different kick. She would always ask who was going to bring this dish to a potluck. There a more variations of this one and you can always add different fruits. Just keep in mind that it can get watery so make sure you drain the can fruit completely!
- 2 (16 ounces) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 16-ounce container whipped topping
- 1½ (10.5 ounces) packages miniature marshmallows
- 1 (4 ounces) jar maraschino cherries
- ½ (3.5 ounces) package shredded coconut
- Mix pineapple, mandarin oranges, whipped topping, marshmallows, cherries, and coconut together in a bowl. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours for flavors to blend.