It was my first time making this recipe. I have never even tried it before but I knew I would love it based on the ingredients. It was super easy to prepare and I will definitely make this for a dinner party next time. What I love about the sauce is that it is versatile. I can substitute the chicken for shrimp and add asparagus in place of mushrooms too.
Best part, my daughter tried it and loved it; ate 2 platefuls!
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- 8 ounces of spaghetti, broken in half [half of a regular spaghetti package]
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 pint of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups of cooked chicken
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti, and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente: drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat, and gradually stir in chicken broth and cream.
- Return to heat, and bring to a low boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in cooked spaghetti, mushrooms, and chicken. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.