This is a staple in our house! I have one child that could nearly eat the entire soup on his own. It is great for a quick meal and it is so filling! All of the cheese…oh my! You could add any cheeses your family likes. Mine just happens to love Colby, so that is what I always use! If you have leftover, they can be reheated quite easily in the microwave.
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- 32 ounce frozen broccoli
- 32 ounce large block of processed cheese
- 2½ cups milk
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups Colby cheese
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp chicken soup base
- Place broccoli in a pot and cover with water and bring to boil. Place on a separate burner so this can be boiling while you get the base ready.
- In separate saucepan, place block of cheese, milk and flour. Stir and melt together over medium heat.
- Add the Colby cheese, half and half and chicken base. Whisk until melted and combined.
- Pour cheese mixture into broccoli with water.
- Stir and heat together