I found this recipe online and decided to try it for dinner. I really like to serve casserole for my busy family, so I am always looking for new ones to try. And ones that are a complete meal that all will enjoy. This broccoli chicken recipe was a hit! It was highly rated so I was pretty confident that everyone would like it!
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- 1 pound chopped fresh broccoli
- 1½ cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 1 (10.75 ounces) can be condensed cream of broccoli soup
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Place the broccoli in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Place the cooked broccoli in a 9-inch pie plate. Top with the chicken. In a bowl, mix the soup and milk, and pour over the chicken. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Mix the melted butter with the breadcrumbs, and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly brown.