This was a new recipe we tried today. And it was delicious and loved by everyone! We love sun-dried tomatoes and I am always looking for a recipe that I can use them in.
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
Chicken & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Author: Mom Let’s Eat
Recipe type: Main
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp chicken base
- 2 Tbsp Asiago cheese
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch, mixed with 1 Tbsp water
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce package) Penne paste
- ¾ cup cooked bacon
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook 2 cups of cream until just bubbling. Stir in chicken base and Asiago cheese. Stir with a whisk until dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture, and simmer until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly. Mix in the sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside for a few moments.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, drain. Place bacon in a skillet and cook until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté red onion until soft and translucent. Stir in garlic and cooked bacon, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in green onions, chicken and 1 cup cream. Cook, stirring, until cream is heated through. Add Asiago cream sauce, and heat through. Toss with cooked pasta until evenly coated, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.