Got your attention, didn’t I? 😁
Yes, you read that right. DRUNK Chicken. Why? Because of the BEER! Sounds a little crazy huh? Not only will this make your day but your house will smell amazing. It also feeds a crowd and all you have to do is set it and forget it. Super easy.
I made this during the week and my daughter helped me. I just opened and prepped the ingredients, she did the rest. It was the first meal she made for the family and she was super proud of herself. I loved including her in something so scrumptious yet easy and filling! Not only did the 4 of us have a nice dinner, but we had enough leftovers for lunch the next day. This is definitely a recipe to keep in the archives and pass down to the kids.
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 16oz can of chili beans
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained/ rinsed
- 1 small can of corn, drained
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 12oz bottle of beer
- 2 -10oz cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies [see tips below]
- 1 1.25oz package of taco seasoning
- 3 chicken breasts
- Toppings: Sour cream, cheddar cheese, tortilla or corn chips.
- Turn on your slow cooker - low heat.
- Add the first 8 ingredients and stir until combined.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the other ingredients and gently press them down to cover the chicken with the bean/ corn mixture.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the soup.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and then add back into the soup.
- Continue cooking for 2 more hours.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream if you wish. Even better with some tortilla chips - yum!
I prefer my food less salty but my husband had to add salt. Taste test before serving and add salt if necessary.
You can substitute the beer with water but it does add a lot of flavor
Gosh, I love easy recipes but I also love cheap recipes. This entire meal will cost you less than $20 and feed about 6-8 people! Go ahead, try it! You will not regret it.