If you have never had Bang Bang shrimp – you are missing out. It is one of those appetizers that you never forget and wonder what it is they put in there that makes it so delicious.
Here is our take on this super famous shrimp that you can make at home! Double it up if you are having a party and people will go crazy for it. It is a perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Simply delicious.
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of sweet chili sauce
- 3 dashes of sriracha hot sauce
- ½ cup of cornstarch
- 1 lb of fresh shrimp – peeled and deveined
- Oil for frying
- 2 cups of chopped lettuce
- 2 green onions – sliced
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili, and sriracha sauces together. Set aside.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees in a deep fryer or in a frying pan.
- Place cornstarch in a shallow bowl. Gently press shrimps in the cornstarch. Shake off any excess and lay flat on a plate.
- Working in batches, cook the shrimp until they are lightly browned – about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Transfer cooked shrimp to a bowl and pour the mayo/ chili/ sriracha sauce on top. Toss gently to coat.
- Serve over a plate of lettuce and sliced green onions for color.