My family loves fruit! I had to quickly make this recipe before the berried disappeared from the fridge. No joke. This was a great tasty little alternative to the usual bowl of fresh fruit! It certainly didn’t last too long!
Author: Mom Let’s Eat
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz) package whipped topping
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp orange zest
- Fresh fruit, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread cookie dough on greased cookie sheet. Press flat and bake 10-12 minutes. Allow to completely cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and whipped topping. Spread evenly over cooled cookie crust.
- Arrange fruit in desired pattern on top of frosting mixture.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, salt, cornstarch, orange juice, lemon juice and water. Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and add orange zest. Allow to cool, but not set. Pour over fruit.
- Chill for 2 hours and then enjoy!