When my husband and I were first dating, we visited my family and my Memaw made him spaghetti and meatballs. He was instantly in love! 😉 Ever since, when we visit she makes this dish for him. The meatballs are super simple to make and so delicious. I like to make a large batch so I have some to freeze for another meal.
So here’s the our “family recipe” for homemade meatballs:
Add all of the ingredients into a large bowl. I used about 2 1/2 pounds of meat so I just doubled the recipe plus a little extra.
Combine all the ingredients together with your hands. (It really is the best way!)
Then form meatballs by either rolling them with your hands or use a mellon scooper to make them more uniform.
My Memaw normally fries her meatballs in a skillet with a little bit of oil, but I just put them on a broiler pan in the oven. It’s healthier and a LOT easier! Just spray the top with non-stick spray before placing the meatballs.
Cook in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. The time might vary a bit depending on how large or small you make each meatball.
They should be a darker brown on the outside and have no pink on the inside.
I normally serve half of them right away with spaghetti and tomato sauce and freeze the rest in a gallon bag.
Homemade meatballs really are the BEST!! 🙂
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- 1 pound of ground meat
- ⅓ cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ⅓-1/2 diced green bell pepper
- ⅓-1/2 diced onion
- seasoned salt or cajun seasoning for taste
- Coat a broiler pan with non-stick spray
- Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl (use your families preference on spice and veggies)
- Use your hands to throughly combine all the ingredients
- Form meatball by either using your hands or a mellon scooper. (your preference on how large you make each one)
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. Check one of the meatballs in the center of the pan to make sure the middle isn't still pink.