I started making these pizza rolls about 5 years ago and my family loves them. They don’t take a lot of time to make and I try to double the batch, so that there is plenty leftover to freeze. They make the perfect quick meal. You can just pop them in the microwave or if you have time, back in the oven.
I like to use a frozen dough that I get from Sam’s Club. I almost always keep this on-hand because it’s so versatile. If you aren’t a member of Sam’s, you can use any pre-made dough from the refrigerated section of the grocery or make your own.
Whatever dough you use, you will probably need it to rise. I just set it out in the morning and loosely cover it with plastic wrap, so it’s ready around dinner time.
The assembly of these are fairly easy. (You might need to bust out your inner pizzeria connoisseur, because the hardest part is rolling out the dough! I won’t lie, I’ve tried to toss a few pies in my time…;) )
Once you get the dough rolled out, use a pizza cutter to cut it into pizza slices.
Put any toppings that you like on the “fattest” part and top with mozzarella cheese.
Roll the slices up like crescent rolls, starting with the side with all the toppings.
To finish them off, mix 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese in a small bowl and press the rolls into the mixture to completely coat. (You can also lightly brush them with olive oil before adding the bread crumb mixture.)
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe is great for our family when we are running to practice and games after school. I just pop a few in the microwave for a quick snack or I heat’em up and take them with us. To take them along, I wrap them in foil and put them in an insulated lunch bag. I normally bring some chopped veggies to complete a quick to-go meal!
(If your kids need dipping sauce, you can buy small reusable containers and add their sauce of choice.)
- pre-made dough
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- your choice of pizza toppings
- ½ c bread crumbs (plain or Italian)
- ½ c grated Parmesan cheese
- pizza sauce or ranch dressing for dipping
- Let the dough rise
- Roll out the dough into a circle
- Cut it into pizza slices
- Put mozzarella cheese and your choice of toppings on top of the dough slices
- Roll up slices to look like crescent rolls
- Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a small bowl
- Press each roll in the crumb mixture to coat
- Cook for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown
- ***These are great to freeze! Just take them out and microwave for a few minutes or put back in the oven for about 10 minutes.
We all need some grab and go meals so we don’t have to eat dinner at the concession stand! 🙂
Is there a go-to food you use on busy nights?!?