I am always trying to find tasty desserts that I can make at home for my kids. We usually have some packaged snacks in the pantry, but I like to make them treats! I have a daughter that is a lover of toffee. She will pick that as her candy bar treat every time at the store. So, I decided to search for one that I could make at home. And it was better! Not as hard as some that are prepackaged.
Cookware, Pots/Pants, etc. You’ll Need
Here is a list of what you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
- Saltine crackers
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- bag of chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil. Place saltines in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- Boil butter and sugar together for 3 minutes. Spread over caramel mixture over saltines.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Pour bag of chocolate chips over hot caramel crackers. Let sit for 5 minutes and spread chocolate.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Freeze for 20 minutes. Crack into single serving pieces.