Breakfast is so important, especially for our kids. It sets the foundation for their day and helps kick start their metabolism. School mornings are a little crazy at our house and breakfast is, most mornings, just a bowl of cereal. Every now and then I will make sausage and egg breakfast kolaches!
I normally make a large batch of these on the weekend and put the leftovers in the fridge. During the week we just throw them in the microwave for about 45 seconds to reheat.
Here are the ingredients for this breakfast version: 5 eggs, 8 count can of jumbo biscuits, and 1/2 pound of breakfast sausage, and cheese (optional).
- 5 eggs
- ½ lb. breakfast sausage
- 1 can of large biscuits (8
- optional: shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Cook the breakfast sausage in a large skillet
- Drain any grease for skillet
- Scramble 5 eggs and pour into skillet with sausage
- Cook for about 1 minute just until eggs aren't runny
- Flatten out each biscuit
- Add mixture and cheese on each biscuit and wrap dough around mixture. Place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or
unitltops are golden brown.